It’s Thanksgiving week! And with that comes the excitement over food, family and some fun nights. BUT it also comes with the worrying over cooking and/or what to bring to the Thanksgiving meal. For those who can cook, this is a great tasting recipe. For those of us who can’t, this is an easy recipe and quite hard to mess up.
It’s a sweet potato casserole with a tropical twist. Enjoy!
What you need:
6 peeled sweet potatoes
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 tblsp ground cinnamon
1 tblsp butter
1 bag of marshmallows
What to do:
1. Chop the sweet potato into chunks and put it to boil in salted water. Once its boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes before draining the water out.
2. Put the boiled sweet potato into a buttered casserole dish and mash them until no lumps remain.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4. While the oven is heating up, stir in the sugars, cinnamon, butter and pineapple juice. Then cover the sweet potato dish with marshmallows.
5. Pop the dish into the oven for 30 minutes.
Enjoy with good company!