Tis’ the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse…
Oh those famous little words from a Christmas bedtime story that puts every child around the world to sleep as The Eve of his Holiday lowly approaches the hearts of eager children.
But… What did you wish for this year? And if you tell me you are too old to make wishes, I will simply not believe you… The beauty of the Holiday season is that everyone is allowed to make a wish!
Here are 5 of the wishes I will consider making this holiday season that may inspire you to believe in the power of wishing…
L’s 5 Wishes:
1. Peace of Mind and Heart… Yes, this is my number one wish this year! Sometimes we forget and must be reminded of the truth that lies within being oneself and finding peace in that reality… It is not only a wish I have for myself, but for each and every one of you!
2. Hope… The reason I am wishing for HOPE this year, is because it is one of the simplest, yet easiest facets of living that we can and will lose when we lose our ability to believe. Santa is the perfect example of HOPE, the child inside each of us, at one time or another has held this power in the palm of their hand and as easily as we turned the page into adulthood and lost our belief in one of the most magical childhood fables, we can just easily lose our HOPE in ourselves.
3. Respect… At one time or another in our lives we have all been victim to the rash and despicable lashing out of a bitter tongue or action and this is precisely when we are most endowed to the need of handing out respect. The ability to dignify utter ignorance with respect is that of which I wish on all… But it goes hand in hand with my 4th wish!
4. Patience… Now THIS is a wish we all struggle with not just me… The patience to handle disrespect and even outlining situations like the belief that your future is safe and has been outlined with the utmost accuracy is one feet we must all wish for…
5. LOVE… Simply because it is the one thing we are all searching to find.
So… What does your List to Santa look like this year?