First off, Happy Thanksgiving! #TheYLife hopes you have an amazing day filled with fun, friends, and food!
Now, if you’re running low on items to serve or simply want to bring a delicious dish to a Thanksgiving dinner, try our sweet, sweet potato casserole. It’s easy to make and oh so delicious. Watch out though, you may be getting requests for this casserole for years to come!
What You Need:
8 Sweet Potatoes
1 cup of Pineapple Juice
1/2 cup of pineapple chunks
3 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
2 sticks of cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon of ground ginger
1 Bag of Marshmallows
What To Do:
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into 1/2 inch slices by cutting them on their side so you have clean,chopped circles.
2. Grab a pot and fill it about half way, drop the cinnamon sticks in, then put it to boil. Once the water is boiling, drop in the sweet potatoes and add the salt. Cook them for about 20 minutes or until you put a fork through and it comes out without a problem. Then set them aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
3. If you have a food processor, throw the cooked sweet potatoes there and condiment it while its pureeing it. If not, you can mash it by hand then condiment it. Whatever way you do it , you need to put in the butter, sugar, pineapple juice, pineapple chunks, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Make sure everything is mixed well.
4. Put the pureed sweet potato mix into a casserole.
5. Fill the top of the casserole with marshmallows then sprinkle it with brown sugar.
6. Pop it into the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy it with the ones you love.