Pause. Before you have the same reaction I had, let me just tell you this dish is delicious even without the fish.
Ok Go…But how can you have ceviche without the fish? Simple, replace it with cauliflower florets. It’s very healthy and not heavy on the wallet. Did I mention it makes a great dish to take to 4th of July parties!?
Ok so here’s what you need:
1 large head of cauliflower
1 1/2 cups of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 whole roasted poblano peppers
1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
2 cups chopped cilantro
Pinch of Salt or to your liking
What to do:
1. Break up the cauliflower into small pieces and set it to boil for about 5 minutes. Just enough so it softens up but isn’t fully cooked. Then drain the water and move the cauliflower to an ice bath so it stops cooking.
2. Drain the ice then start chopping the cauliflower into small pieces or you can just put it in the food processor for a couple of seconds until its chopped into small pieces.
3. Put the cauliflower in a bowl and mix in the lime juice, tomato, peppers, cilantro and onion and season with salt.
4. Pop it in the fridge and let it marinate for 2 hours.
5. Serve! Enjoy and you’re welcome!