Thanksgiving is so close, you can already smell the turkey in the oven and the stuffing on the stove.
While turkey is the star of the feast, the “fixins” can definitely leave an impression. So why not give one of the most used sides, a kick…of jalapeño.
It’s jalapeños cranberry sauce and it is amazing and easy to make.
What you need:
2 Cups of cranberries
3 minced jalapeno peppers without the seeds
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup water
1/2 cup sherry
1 cup white sugar
What to do:
1. Wash the cranberries in a strainer.
2. In a sauce pan, mix in the water and sugar until it starts boiling.
3. Once it’s boiling, add the cranberries, jalapeño peppers and the lemon juice then reduce the heat to medium low.
4. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes while sitting every so often.
5. Add in the sherry then take off the heat and let it cool.
6. Once it’s cooled off a bit, put it into a glass container with a cover and leave it to really cool in the fridge.
NO TIME TIP: If you have not time to full on cook he cranberries, a great shortcut is to get canned cranberry sauce then heat all the ingredients in a sauce pan, except for the sugar. That you take out since the sauce already has sugar.