If you’re trying to look to cut some corners and calories when it comes to having some sweets while still working towards having your summer body, try this recipe out.
It’s not the most healthy snack but it is better than most sweets packed with high fat and high sugar. It’s not hard to make and carries less guilt with it!
What You Need:
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cooked quinoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3 tbs honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of grated carrots
1/3 cup of raisins
2 tbs chopped walnuts
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix the flour, quinoa, sugar, cinnamon,nutmeg, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Grab another bowl and mix the honey, vanilla, egg, sour cream, and apple sauce. Mix it until the the mixture is smooth.
4. Little by little, drop the items from the bowl into the flour mixture while mixing it together.
5. Once the mixture looks smooth, add the raisins, carrots and walnuts.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased muffin pan or a muffin pan with muffin papers. Fill each slot a little more than half way.
7. Pop it into the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes.