It’s the holiday season and for many of us that get excited about food, it means stuffing our faces and spending time with family and friends.
While us YFoodies, love the idea of that, for some the Holiday’s is a battle of watching the waistline and making sure it doesn’t grow. For those wanting to replace a side of stuffing with something little more health conscious, try this eggplant and mushroom casserole instead!
The mushrooms and eggplants are rich in fiber so it will make for a filling and yummy side dish!
What You Need:
2 trays of mushrooms
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
1/2 tablespoon of Onion powder
1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
What To Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the mushrooms and eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices and place them in an oven safe contained to cook. Layer the eggplant with the mushrooms.
3. Coat them with oil, onion powder and garlic powder.
4. Place the vegetable in the oven for about 20 minutes or until they have a golden color to them.
5. Once it’s cooked, put a dash of grated parmesan cheese on the casserole.
While it is important to stay healthy, it’s good to remember it’s not just the food on the table we’re thankful for. It’s the people we love eating with us on that day.