It’s Fall so you may have noticed the large amount of pumpkins at your grocery store. You can use it for carving a scary pumpkin head or simply make a tasty seasonal treat. In honor of the season, why not try this easy and tasty recipe using this delicious fruit. Yes, it’s a fruit!
Simple Mashed Pumpkin
What You Need:
1 Vat of plain cream cheese
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Salt
1/2 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
What You Do:
1.Bring a half pot of water to a boil.
2. Slice the Pumpkin into slices about a 1/2 inch thick and then drop them in the boiling water.
3. Take out the pumpkin slices once you are able to stick a fork through each slice with no problem. Do not overcook them! You just need them to be soft enough to mash.
4. Take the slices out of the pot, peel the skin off and drop the rest in a bowl then mash it into a compote consistency.
5. Add Salt and mix in a vat of cream cheese.
6. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
Serve warm or chilled! Enjoy!