So you’re looking to unwind after a long week?
Take a look at some of these Miami favorites to join up with friends and start your Labor day weekend off right!
1. Monty’s- Nothing better than some crab claws and reggae to help you ease into the weekend. This waterfront bar located in Coconut Grove is festive yet relaxing. You can walk to the back and enjoy the ocean view while sipping their “pain killer” made with rum and coconut juice or a frozen rum runner. More into the night, maybe make your way to the dance floor and loosen up. It’s not islander life but it sure comes close.
2. Balans- If you’re looking for a more upscale happy hour, try this Brickell spot. It’s located at the center of Merry Brickell Village. Their happy hour starts off quite early…3 p.m. to 8 p.m. to be exact. It is a nicer place, so you may pay a bit more for happy hour drinks. Try some of their $3 beers or their $5 wine by the glass. If you feel like having something unique, try one of their cocktails. Sip it while enjoying some live music and people watching with your friends. If you’re hungry, try their dinner menu or choose from the variety of restaurants nearby.
3. Tarpon Bend- Want to get more bang for your buck? This happy hour gives you a 2 for 1 special. Order one drink and get another free. You can enjoy your two for one drinks in this Coral Gables favorite. Be aware, sitting areas do get filled up quick. You can sit inside and enjoy the lively atmosphere or sit outside in their couches and relax with a nice blackberry mojito. It has a great atmosphere and good drinks. The Best part? You can walk around beautiful Miracle Mile afterwards.
4. Yard House- Do you like beer? They do too. Their glass enclosed keg room can hold about 5,000 gallons of beer at a time. This places has an endless fleet of tap handles from classic lagers to obscure ales. Their happy hour starts at 3 p.m. You can enjoy beers for as little as $2.25. It’s not a relaxing atmosphere .It’s quite loud actually but it is a fun place to enjoy good beer and good food and if there’s a game on …you bet they’ll have it on. If you feel a bit daring try their 3-foot tall glass of beer.
5. The Broken Shaker– Feel like heading to the beach but don’t want to be around the pretentious crowd. Try this place off the beaten path and enjoy some of their eccentric drinks.Sit on their living room furniture placed in the middle of their garden and sip their punch of the day made with garden herbs. It’s a unique place in popular Miami Beach.